The Chicagoland Pirate Party is a branch of the ILPP, and serves as a recognized branch for Pirates living in Wisconsin (Kenosha County) and Indiana (Lake & Porter Counties)
Chicagoland Pirate Party
The Chicagoland Pirate Party formed in 2020 upon the Illinois Pirate Party’s reformation that same year.
We serve residents of the Chicagoland area, including NW Indiana (Lake and Porter Counties) and Kenosha County in Wisconsin.
All positions sit as interim office holders until statewide chapters have been established.
Our branch’s platform is centered around Chicago centric issues and Chicagoland issues in general. You’ll soon see positions on issues such as:
- Fighting political corruption
- More co-ops in Chicagoland
- Tax reform and easing the burden for the people who need it most
- Extending the “L” to better serve Chicagoans
- Making the CTA free to residents of the City of Chicago
- Recognizing and celebrating Chicagoan and Chicagolander identity and culture, fostering regional connectivity and investing in our neglected Chicago neighborhoods and Chicagoland communities
- Democratically founded, community-based policies
- CPD and local police reform
- Keeping Lake Michigan water in Lake Michigan
- Making sure starting business ventures is a game everyone can get play, not just the already-established
We’re working on it. See the ILPP’s platform in the meantime.
The Chicagoland Pirate Party meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month at 7pmCT. We are presently seeking a permanent meeting place where we can have in-person meetings while livestreaming and allowing direct interaction with those who wish to remain online.
If you have a location you wish to suggest within the perimeters of Chicagoland, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org